1. Pointing to a photograph Anjali said, "He is the son of the only son of my grandfather." How is the man in the photograph related to Anjali? A.Brother B.Son C.Uncle D.Data is inadequate
Explanation: The man in the photograph is son of Anjali's grandfather's son i.e., the son of Anjali's father. Hence, the boy is the brother of Anjali
2. Pointing to a person, Deepak said, "His only brother is the father of my daughter's father". How is the person related to Deepak? A.Father B.Grandfather C.Uncle D.Brother-in-law
Explanation: Father of Deepak's daughter's father → Deepak's father. Hence, the person In the brother of Deepak's father. Therefore, the person is the uncle of Deepak.
3. P is the mother of K; K is the sister of D; who is the father of J. How is P related to J? A.Mother B.Grandmother C.Data inadequate D.Aunt
Explanation: P is the mother of K K is the sister of D D is the father of J. Therefore, J is the nephew or niece of K and P is the grandmother of J.
4. If P $ Q means P is the father of Q; P # Q means P is the mother of Q and P * Q means P is the sister of Q, then N # L $ P * Q shows which of the relation of Q to N? A.Grand son B.Grand daughter C.Nephew D.Data is inadequate
Explanation: As the sex of Q is not known, hence, data is inadequate5. If A $ B means A is the brother of B; A @ B means A is the wife of B; A # B means A is the daughter of B and A * B means A is the father of B, which of the following indicates that U is the father-in-law of P? A.P @ Q $ T # U * W B.P @ W $ Q * T # U C.P @ Q $ W * T # U D.P @ Q $ T # W * U
Explanation: P @ Q → P is the wife of Q ...(1) Q $ T → Q is the brother of T ...(2) T # U → T is the daughter of U Hence, → Q is the son of U ...(3) U * W → U is the father of W. From (1) and (3), U is the father-in-law of P.
6. Pointing to a boy in the photograph Reena said, "He is the only son of the only child of my grandfather." How Reena is related to that boy? A.Mother B.Sister C.Aunt D.Cannot be determined
Explanation: The boy in the photograph is the only son of Reena's grandfather's only son; i.e., the boy is the only son of Reena's father. Hence, the boy is the brother of Reena or Reena is the sister of the boy.
7. A $ B means A is the father of B; A # B means A is the sister of B; A * B means A is the daughter of B and A @ B means A is the brother of B. Which of the following indicates that M is the wife of Q? A.Q $ R # T @ M B.Q $ R @ T # M C.Q $ R * T # M D.Q $ R @ T * M
Explanation: Q $ R @ T * M Explanation: Q $ R → Q is the father of R R @ T → R is the brother of T Hence, → Q is the father of T T * M → T is the daughter of M Hence, → M is the mother of T Hence, M is the wife of Q.8. The following table gives the percentage of marks obtained by seven students in six different subjects in an examination.The Numbers in the Brackets give the Maximum Marks in Each Subject.Student Subject (Max. Marks)Maths Chemistry Physics Geography History Computer Science(150) (130) (120) (100) (60) (40)Ayush 90 50 90 60 70 80Aman 100 80 80 40 80 70Sajal 90 60 70 70 90 70Rohit 80 65 80 80 60 60Muskan 80 65 85 95 50 90Tanvi 70 75 65 85 40 60Tarun 65 35 50 77 80 80What are the average marks obtained by all the seven students in Physics? (rounded off two digit after decimal) A.77.26 B.89.14 C.91.37 D.96.11
Explanation: Average marks obtained in Physics by all the seven students =1/7 * [ (90% of 120) + (80% of 120) + (70% of 120) + (80% of 120) + (85% of 120) + (65% of 120) + (50% of 120) ] 1/7 * [ (90 + 80 + 70 + 80 + 85 + 65 + 50)% of 120 ] =(1/7)*[520%Of 120] =624/7 = = 89.14.
9. What was the aggregate of marks obtained by Sajal in all the six subjects? A.409 B.419 C.429 D.449
Explanation: Aggregate marks obtained by Sajal = [ (90% of 150) + (60% of 130) + (70% of 120) + (70% of 100) + (90% of 60) + (70% of 40) ] = [ 135 + 78 + 84 + 70 + 54 + 28 ] = 449.
10. In which subject is the overall percentage the best? A.Maths B.Chemistry C.Physics D.History
Explanation: Overall percentage for Maths :1/7*575 = 82.14% Chemistry : 1/7* 430 = 61.43% Physics :1/7*520 = 74.29% Geography = 1/7 *507 = = 72.43%. History = 1/7*407 =67.14% Comp. Science =1/7 * 510= 72.86%. Clearly, this percentage is highest for Maths.
11. What is the overall percentage of Tarum? A.52.5% B.55% C.60% D.63%
Explanation: Aggregate marks obtained by Tarun = [ (65% of 150) + (35% of 130) + (50% of 120) + ((77% of 100) + (80% of 60) + (80% of 40) ] = [ 97.5 + 45.5 + 60 + 77 + 48 + 32] = 360/600*100 = 60%
12. Read the question carefully and choose the correct answer Four defensive football players are chasing the opposing wide receiver, who has the ball. Calvin is directly behind the ball carrier. Jenkins and Burton are side by side behind Calvin. Zeller is behind Jenkins and Burton. Calvin tries for the tackle but misses and falls. Burton trips. Which defensive player tackles the receiver? A.Burton B.Zeller C.Jenkins D.Calvin
Explanation: After all the switching was done, Jenkins was directly behind the receiver. Calvin and Burton had fallen. Zeller remained in the rear.
13. A four-person crew from Classic Colors is painting Mr. Field's house. Michael is painting the front of the house. Ross is in the alley behind the house painting the back. Jed is painting the window frames on the north side, Shawn is on the south. If Michael switches places with Jed, and Jed then switches places with Shawn, where is Shawn? A.in the alley behind the house B.on the north side of the house C.in front of the house D.on the south side of the house
Explanation: After all the switches were made, Shawn is in front of the house. Ross is in the alley behind the house,Michael is on the north side, and Jed is on the south.
14. In a four-day period Monday through Thursday each of the following temporary office workers worked only one day, each a different day. Ms. Johnson was scheduled to work on Monday, but she traded with Mr. Carter, who was originally scheduled to work on Wednesday. Ms. Falk traded with Mr. Kirk, who was originally scheduled to work on Thursday. After all the switching was done, who worked on Tuesday? A.Mr. Carter B.Ms. Falk C.Ms. Johnson D.Mr. Kirk
Explanation: After all the switches were made, Mr. Kirk worked on Tuesday. Mr. Carter worked on Monday,Ms. Johnson on Wednesday, and Ms. Falk on Thursday.
15. Four people witnessed a mugging. Each gave a different description of the mugger. Which description is probably right? A.He was average height, thin, and middle-aged. B.He was tall, thin, and middle-aged. C.He was tall, middle-aged. D.He was tall, of average weight, and middle-aged.
Explanation: Tall, thin, and middle-aged are the elements of the description repeated most often and are therefore the most likely to be accurate.
16. Ms. Forest likes to let her students choose who their partners will be; however, no pair of students may work together more than seven class periods in a row. Adam and Baxter have studied together seven class periods in a row. Carter and Dennis have worked together three class periods in a row. Carter does not want to work with Adam. Who should be assigned to work with Baxter? A.Carter B.Adam C.Dennis D.Forest
Explanation: Baxter should be assigned to study with Carter. Baxter cannot be assigned with Adam, because they have already been together for seven class periods. If Baxter is assigned to work with Dennis, that would leave Adam with Carter, but Carter does not want to work with Adam.
17. Read the information given below and answer the questions that follow: (1) There is a group of five girls. (2) Kamini is second in height but younger than Rupa. (3) Pooja is taller than Monika but younger in age. (4) Rupa and Monika are of the same age but Rupa is tallest between them. (5) Neelam is taller than Pooja and elder to Rupa. If they are arranged in the ascending order of heights, who will be in the third position? A.Monika B.Rupa C.Monika or Rupa D.None of these
Explanation: We first find the sequence of heights by (3) we have :M < P by (5) we have : P < N Now, Rupa is tallest and kamini is second in height. So the sequence of heights is : M < P < N < K < R. Now, we determine the age sequence by (2) we have : K < R. by (3) we have : P < M. by (4) we have : R = M. by (5) we have : R < N. So the sequence of ages is:N < R = M < K < P or N < R = M < P < K. in the increasing order of heights, Neelam is in third position.
18. If they are arranged in the descending order of their ages, who will be in the fourth position? A.Monika or Rupa B.Kamini or Monika C.Pooja D.None of these
Explanation: in the descending order of ages, Neelam will be in fourth position (because Monika and Rupa both lie at third position
19. To answer the question "who is the youngest person in the group", which of the given statements is superfluous? A.Only (1) B.Only (2) C.Only (5) D.either (1) or (4)
Explanation: Only statement (1) is not necessary
20. Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given below it:(A)Gopal is shorter than Ashok but taller than Kunal.(B)Navin is shorter than Kunal.(C)Jayesh is taller than Navin.(D)Ashok is taller than Jayesh.Who among them is the tallest? A.Gopal B.Ashok C.Kunal D.Navin
Explanation: In terms of height we have : Gopal < Ashok, Kunal < Gopal, Navin < Kunal, Navin < Jayesh, Jayesh < Ashok. So, the sequence becomes: Navin < Kunal < Gopal < Jayesh < Ashok. Clearly, Ashok is tallest.
21. Which of the given information is not necessary to answer the above question? A.A B.B C.C D.D
Explanation: Clearly, statement C is notnecessary.
22. How many small cubes have only one face coloured ? A.4 B.8 C.16 D.24
Explanation: Number of small cubes having only one face coloured = (x - 2)2 x No. of faces = (4 - 2)2 x 6 = 2423. How many small cubes are there whose three faces are coloured ? A.4 B.8 C.16 D.24
24. How many small cubes have no faces coloured ? A.24 B.8 C.16 D.0
Answer: B25. CMM, EOO, GQQ, _____, KUU A.GRR B.GSS C.ISS D.ITT
Explanation: The first letters are in alphabetical order with a letter skipped in between each segment: C, E, G, I, K. The second and third letters are repeated; they are also in order with a skipped letter: M, O, Q, S, U.
26. Look carefully at the sequence of symbols to find the pattern. Select correct pattern. A.1 B.2 C.3 D.4
Explanation: Each arrow in this continuing series moves a few degrees in a clockwise direction. Think of these arrows as the big hand on a clock. The first arrow is at noon. The last arrow before the blank would be 12:40. Choice b, the correct answer, is at 12:45.
27. B2CD, _____, BCD4, B5CD, BC6D A.B2C2D B.BC3D C.B2C3D D.BCD7
Explanation: Because the letters are the same, concentrate on the number series, which is a simple 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 series, and follows each letter in order.
28. Look carefully for the pattern, and then choose which pair of numbers comes next. 8 11 21 15 18 21 22 A.25 18 B.25 21 C.25 29 D.24 21
Explanation: This is an alternating addition series, with a random number, 21, interpolated as every third number. The addition series alternates between adding 3 and adding 4. The number 21 appears after each number arrived at by adding 3.
29. Look carefully for the pattern, and then choose which pair of numbers comes next. 16 26 56 36 46 68 56 A.80 66 B.64 82 C.66 80 D.78 68
Explanation: Here, every third number follows a different pattern from the main series. In the main series, beginning with 16, 10 is added to each number to arrive at the next. In the alternating series, beginning with 56, 12 is added to each number to arrive at the next.
30. The tea-estate administration is in such mess there is no leader to set the things right. A.in such a mess here B.in a such mess that here C.in such a mess that there D.with such a mess that there
Link: Download PDF | Learn More
Updates: Don’t miss, what you want? So kindly, 1. Like our Facebook, 2. Subscribe by E-mail, 3. Follow our Google+, 4. Twitter 5. YouTube, 6. Download our Toolbar, 7. Install our App and 8. Others.
Help: If you have any suggestions, requests and problems, please comment below or ask us here.
Help: If you have any suggestions, requests and problems, please comment below or ask us here.
Alerts: Dear viewer, “Hard work never fails”. Along with hard work include smart work for your goal. Your hard work and our smart work, guarantee success. To get in touch with you, we have created a WhatsApp Group named “Question Answer Explanation”. Kindly send a message to +91-7893356131 as “add to Question Answer Explanation" to add you to this group.
Encourage us: Please don’t forget to G+1 and/ Like and/ Share and/ Recommend… thank you and all the best / best of luck for your bright future.
Our motto: Serve poor and needy whole heartedly – Nareddula Rajeev Reddy (NRR) and his team.