1. Pipe A can fill a tank in 20 minutes and Pipe B in 30 minutes respectively. Pipe C can empty the same in 40 minutes. If all the three pipes are opened together, find the time taken to fill the tank?
A.17 1/7 minutes B.20 minutes C.8 minutes D.None of these
Explanation: Net part filled in 1 hour = ( 1/20 – 1/30 – 1/40) = 7 / 120 Therefore tank will be filled in = 120/7 = 17 1/7 minutes.2. Find out the Simple Interest paid for a sum of Rs. 4000 at the rate of 8% per annum for 3 months.
A.800 B.880 C.80 D.888
Explanation: 80 Answer: 80 Explanation: The simple interest formula is Interest = Principal × Rate × Time I = P×R×T Where: 'Interest' is the total amount of interest paid, 'Principal' is the amount lent or borrowed, 'Rate' is the percentage of the principal charged as interest each year. The rate is expressed as a decimal fraction, so percentages must be divided by 100. 'Time' is the time in years of the loan. S.I = P×R×T S.I. = Rs. 4000 * 8% * 3 months S.I. = 4000* 8 /100 * 3/12 S.I. = 80
3. PQRS is a rectangle having area 50 cm. If RX=1/4 SR, what is the area of PQXS ?
A.37.5 B.42.5 C.12 D.43.75
4. There are 6 red shoes & 4 green shoes. If two of red shoes are drawn randomly what is the probability of getting red shoes?
A.3/8 B.3/4 C.1/3 D.3/5
Explanation: Total number of shoes=6 + 4=10; Let S be the sample space. Then, n(s) = Number of ways of drawing 2 shoes out of 10 =10C2 =(10 x 9)/(2 x 1) =45 Let E = Event of drawing 2 shoes which are red. Therefore n(E) = Number of ways of drawing 2 red shoes out of 6 shoes.= 6C2 =(6 x 5)/(2 x 1) =15 P(E) = n(E)/n(S) = 1/3
5. To 15 liters of water containing 20% alcohol, we add 5 liters of pure water. What is % alcohol?
A.20% B.25% C.10% D.15%
Explanation: Case 1: Initial quantity of Water = 15 litres Quantity of Alcohol = 20% = (20/100) * 15 = 3 litres Case 2: Quantity of Water after adding 5 litres of water = 15 + 5 = 20 litres There of the % of alcohol in water = (3 /20) * 100 = 15%
6. If 10x coins are added to the number of original coins he has (5y + 1) times more coins. Find out how many coins he had originally in terms of x and y.
A.x / y B.2x / y C.y / x D.2y / x
Explanation: 2x / y Answer: 2x / y Explanation: Let’s take `z` as the original number of coins. We know that 10x + z = (5y + 1) z i.e.10x + z = 5yz + z 10x/5y = z z = 2x/y.
7. Four of the following five options are alike in a certain way and hence form a group. Which one of the following does not belong to that group?
A.21 B.35 C.49 D.63
Explanation: All given numbers are divisible by 7 but in that 49 is divisible by 7 and also square root of 7. Therefore 49 is alike in a given numbers.
8. A boat travels 20 km upstream in 4 hours and 18 km downstream in 6 hours. Find the speed of the boat in still water?
A.1/2 kmph B.4 kmph C.5 kmph D.none of these
Explanation: Rate downstream= 20 /4 = 5 kmph Rate upstream= 18 / 6 = 3 kmph Speed in still water = 1/2 (5 + 3) = 4 kmph.
9. A goat is tied to one corner of a square plot of side 12m by a rope 7m long. Find the area it can graze?
A.38.5 sq.m B.155 sq.m C.144 sq.m D.19.25 sq.m
Explanation: Area covered by goat A = πr2 here we divide by 4 because rope is tied at the corner of the plot and only 1/4 part, the goat can graze Where length of rope r = 7 m. A = πr2 / 4 A = 1/4(area of circle) A = ¼ [(22/7)*7*7] A = 38.5
10. Vivek traveled 1200km by air which formed 2/5 of his trip. One third of the whole trip, he traveled by car and the rest of the journey he performed by train. The distance travelled by train was?
A.1200 km B.3000 km C.1000 km D.800 km
Explanation: Let the total trip be X km. We know that 2X/5 = 1200 km X = 1200*5/2 = 3000 km Distance travelled by car = 1/3*3000 = 1000km Journey by train = [3000- (1200+1000)] = 800km.
11. A, B and C contract a work for Rs.550. Together A and B are supposed to do 7/11 of the work. How much does C get?
A.Rs. 270 B.Rs. 200 C.Rs. 310 D.Rs. 175
Explanation: Let the total work = 1 i.e. A + B+C =1 A and B will complete 7/11 of work. Remaining work => C = 1- (7/11) = 4/11 Therefore salary received by C = (4/11)*550 = Rs. 200
12. One bottle is half-full of oil and another bottle with twice the capacity is one quarter full of oil. if water is added so that both the bottles are full and the contents of both are then poured into a third bottle that is empty and large enough to hold the contents of both, what fractions of the contents in the third bottle is oil?
A.1/4 B.1/3 C.3/8 D.2/3
Explanation: Capacity of 1st bottle =100 litres Quantity of Oil=50 litres & Water=50 litres Capacity 2nd bottle =200 litres Quantity of Oil=50 litres & Water=150 litres Capacity of 3rd bottle = 300 litres Quantity of Oil=100 litres & Water = 200 litres The fraction of the oil contents in the third bottle is = 100 / (100+200) = 1/3
13. An investor purchased shares of stock at a certain price. If the stock increased in price Rs 0.25 per share and the total increase for the x shares was Rs 12.50, how many shares of stock had been purchased?
A.25 B.50 C.75 D.100
Explanation: Let 1 Rs. be the cost of each share and x is the no of shares c.p. = x Rs. for x shares If 0.25 Rs. is increased in each share Then (1+.25) x = 12.50+x 1.25x = 12.50+x 0.25x =12.50 x = 12.50/0.25 => x =50 Therefore number of shares=50.
14. A worker is paid Rs.20/- for a full day’s work. He works 1, 1/3, 2/3, 1/8, 3/4 in a week. What is the total amount paid for that worker?
A.47.55 B.57.00 C.56.50 D.57.50
Explanation: Number of days worked in a week =1+1/3+2/3+1/8+3/4 = (24 +8 + 16 + 3+ 18)/ 24 = 69/ 24 =23/8 days Total amount paid = 23/8 * 20= 57.50 Rs.
15. Don and his wife each receive an 8 percent annual raise. If Don receives a raise Rs.800 and his wife receives a raise of rs. 840, what is the difference between their annual incomes after their raises?
A.400 B.460 C.500 D.540
Explanation: 8% is 800 hence 100% = 10,000 for Don. 8% is 840 hence 100% = 10,500 for his wife. After raise Don salary = 10,000+800 = 10,800 and his wife salary is 10,500+840. Difference is 11,840-10,800 = 540.
16. It takes 6 technicians 10 hours to build and program a new server from Direct Computer, with each working at the same rate. If six technicians start to build the server at 11:00 AM, and one technician per hour is added beginning at 5:00 PM, at what time will the server be complete?
A.7:30 PM B.7:45 PM C.8:00 PM D.9:00 AM
Explanation: Total time required to complete job is 6 * 10 = 60 hours Work completed between 11am to 5pm by 6 technician = (6 * 6) = 36 hours So remaining work = (60 - 36) = 24 hours Remaining work between 5pm to 6pm = 24 -7 = 17 hours. Similarly work completed between 6pm to 7 pm = 17 – 8 = 9 hours, which is completed in next one hour i.e. Job is complete at 8.00PM.
17. The cost of an item is Rs 12.60. If the profit is 10% over selling price. What is the selling price? A.13.00 B.13.76 C.13.60 D.13.86
Explanation: We know that Selling price = cost price + profit Cost Price = 12.60 Profit = 10% of CP = (10 / 100) * 12.60 = 126 /100 Profit = 1.26 Selling Price = CP + Profit = 12.60 + 1.26 Selling Price = 13.86
18. A retailer buys a radio for Rs.225. His overhead expenses are Rs.15 and he sells the radio for Rs.300. what is the profit percent of the retailer?
A.20 % B.25 % C.22 % D.30 %
Explanation: Selling price = cost price + profit Cost price = 225 + 15 = 240 i.e. 240 + X * 240 * 1/100 = 300 240 + 24X/ 10 = 300 (taking LCM) 2400 + 24X = 3000 24 X = 3000 - 2400 24X = 600 X = 600/ 24 X = 25
19. A is twice as good a workman as B and together they finish a piece of work in 18 days. In how many days will A alone finish the work?
A.20 B.25 C.29 D.27
Explanation: If A takes x days to do a work then B takes 2x days to do the same work = > 1/x+1/2x = 1/18 = > 3/2x = 1/18 = > x = 27 days. Hence, A alone can finish the work in 27 days
20. A man is standing on a railway bridge which is 180m long. He finds that a train crosses the bridge in 20seconds and him in 8 seconds. Find the length of the train and its speed?
A.200 m & 54 kmph B.100m & 55 kmph C.120 m & 45 kmph D.120 m & 54 kmph
Explanation: Let the length of the train be x meters Then, the train covers x meters in 8 seconds and (x + 180) meters in 20 seconds. Therefore x/8 = (x+180)/20 20x = 8(x +180) x = 120 Therefore Length of the train = 120m Speed of the train = 120/8 m/sec = 15 m/sec =15 * 18/5 kmph = 54kmph
21. Each of the following sentence completion questions contains one or two blanks. These blanks signify that a word or set of words has been left out. Below each sentence are five words of sets of words. For each blank, pick the word or set of words that best reflects the sentence’s overall meaning. A _______ statement is an ______ comparison: it does not compare things explicitly, but suggests a likeness between them.
A.Sarcastic, unfair B.Blatant, overt C.Sanguine, inherent D.Metaphorical, implied
22. The orator was so ______ that the audience became ______.
A.Soporific, drowsy B.Inaudible, elated C.Pompous, bombastic D.Dramatic, affable
23. If you carry this ______ attitude to the conference, you will ______ any supporters you may have at this moment.
A.Belligerent, delight B.Truculent, allenate C.Conciliatory, defer D.Supercilious, attract
24. Harriman, Kennan, and Acheson were part of the inner ______ of the American diplomatic establishment whose distinguished legacy ______ U.S.foreign policy.
A.Circle, grieved B.Sanctum, absorbed C.Core, dominated D.Life, biased
Answer: C25. We must try to understand his momentary ______ for he has ______ more strain and anxiety than any among us.
A.Senility, understood B.Vision, forgotten C.Generosity, desired D.Aberration, undergone
26. Each set of words is a jumbled sentence with one extra word. Find the extra word in the jumbled sentence. writing system telephone am to I about banking your and complain
A.and B.about C.writing D.None of these.
Explanation: Correct Sentence: I am writing to complain about your telephone banking system.
27. I tried four details this week to system access feel to account my times have use the
A.have B.feel C.system D.access
Explanation: Correct answer: I have tried four times this week to use the system to access my account details.
28. crashed on I the system been that each informed this computer has have occasion
A.been B.this C.informed D.has
Explanation: Correct answer: On each occasion, I have been informed that the computer system has crashed.
29. I access do addition service have so internet use cannot great the to in your not online
A.use B.have C.so D.great
Explanation: Correct answer: In addition, I do not have access to the internet so cannot use your online service.30. branch day person unable to working I a am I bank my as during the visit
A.a B.the C.I D.None of these
Explanation: Correct answer: As a working person, I am unable to visit my branch during the day.
Link: Download PDF | Learn More
Updates: Don’t miss, what you want? So kindly, 1. Like our Facebook, 2. Subscribe by E-mail, 3. Follow our Google+, 4. Twitter 5. YouTube, 6. Download our Toolbar, 7. Install our App and 8. Others.
Help: If you have any suggestions, requests and problems, please comment below or ask us here.
Help: If you have any suggestions, requests and problems, please comment below or ask us here.
Alerts: Dear viewer, “Hard work never fails”. Along with hard work include smart work for your goal. Your hard work and our smart work, guarantee success. To get in touch with you, we have created a WhatsApp Group named “Question Answer Explanation”. Kindly send a message to +91-7893356131 as “add to Question Answer Explanation" to add you to this group.
Encourage us: Please don’t forget to G+1 and/ Like and/ Share and/ Recommend… thank you and all the best / best of luck for your bright future.
Our motto: Serve poor and needy whole heartedly – Nareddula Rajeev Reddy (NRR) and his team.
ZENSAR Written Test: Aptitude, Reasoning, English; Questions and Answers with Explanations
4/ 5Oleh Nareddula Rajeev Reddy NRR