About TCS Company
Tata Consultancy Services started in 1968. Mr. F.C Kohli who is presently the Deputy Chairman was entrusted with the job of steering TCS. The company, which was into management consultancy from day one, soon felt the need to provide solutions to its clients as well. TCS was the first Indian company to make forays into the US market with clients ranging from IBM, American Express, Sega etc. TCS is presently the top software services firm in Asia.
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, business solutions and outsourcing organization that delivers real results to global businesses, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT and IT-enabled services delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata Group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 160,000 of the world's best trained IT consultants in 42 countries. The Company generated consolidated revenues of over US $6.3 billion for fiscal year ended 31 March 2010 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India.
Over $25 million were spent on enhancing hardware and software infrastructure. The company now has 72 offices worldwide. As many as seven centers were assessed at SEI CMM (Capability Maturity Model) Level 5 last year (3.4 mistakes in a million opportunities). These include Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Calcutta, Hyderabad and Lucknow. Several business and R & D relationship with global firms like IBM, General Electric, Unigraphics Solutions have been made.
TCS Leadership Team:
• Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director: Mr. Natarajan Chandrasekaran
• Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director: Mr. Seturaman Mahalingam
• Executive Director and Head, Global Corporate Affairs: Mr. Phiroz A Vandrevala
TCS Business Verticals:
• Banking and Financial Services
• Energies, Resources & Utilities
• Life Sciences and Health Care
• Hi Tech
• Media & Information Services
• Retail & Consumer Products
• Travel, Transportation & Hospitality
• IT Services
• IT Infrastructure Services
• Enterprise Solutions
• Supply Change Management
• Customer Relationship Management
• Business Process Outsourcing
• Business Intelligence and Performance Management
• Engineering and Industrial Services Outsourcing
• Platform BPO
• Connected Marketing Solutions
1. Banking, Capital Market and Insurance (TCS BaNCS):
TCS BaNCS enables transformation in financial services through a superior and holistic suite of solutions for banks, capital market firms, insurance companies, and diversified financial institutions.
2. TCS Knowledge Products:
• TCS Digital Certification Services
• TCS Smart Test Manager
• Experience based knowledge Management
• TCS Code Generator Framework
• TCS Data Cleansing Framework
• TCS Masketeer – Data Privacy Solutions
• TCS Certificate Validation Server
• TCS Call Management Solution
3. TCS Engineering Products:
• TCS Direct Metal Deposition CAM
• TCS Stand Alone Post Processor
• TCS SmartBox
• TCS Sevak
• TCS Rapid Sigma – Six Sigma Solutions
• TCS Teamcenter for Medical Devices
• TCS Enterprise Integration and Control Environment
4. Other Products:
• TCS Hospital Management and Information Solution
• Tata Accounts Receivable and Billing System (TARABS)
• TCS Clin-e2e
• TCS Silicone Ambulatory ECG Device and Solution
• TCS Enterprise Integration and Control Environment Solution
• TCS Bio-Informatics Solution
• VERICUT- Machine Simulation Software
Aptitude Test and Critical Reasoning: The touch tone test (online) consists of 30 questions of 80 minutes duration AND TEST IN English for 10 minutes. Some of the questions are lengthy but the exact question will be at the last. There is a negative marking of 1/3 for every wrong answer.
The test is followed by a Technical, Managerial and HR interview. The technical interview is highly specialized and covers almost all subjects you have done in your curriculum. However one is required to name his/her favorite subject on which most of the interview is focused. For Computer Engineers C, Operating Systems, DBMS, Microprocessors are mostly focused upon. Electronics Engineers can be grilled on DLD, Microprocessors and Communications.
This round focuses on the candidate’s future leadership potential and his fitment in the organization and its value systems. Candidates who have participated and won competitions at various stages in their school or college, organizing and participating in extracurricular activities stand an advantage over others as this would indicate their group and team behavior.
Human Resource (HR) Interview:
The HR interview which follows the technical interview is very general. The HR interview is also important. Mostly questions are asked to test your temperament. You may be asked your opinion on a variety of current affair topics. In some cases questions regarding the company are asked.
Others: Downloads | Changes: Kindly write here.
Updates: Don’t miss, what you want? So kindly, 1. Like our Facebook, 2. Subscribe by E-mail, 3. Follow our Google+, 4. Twitter 5. YouTube, 6. Download our Toolbar, 7. Install our App and 8. Others.
Help: If you have any suggestions, requests and problems, please comment below or ask us here.
Alerts: Dear viewer, “Hard work never fails”. Along with hard work include smart work for your goal. Your hard work and our smart work, guarantee success. To get in touch with you, we have created a WhatsApp Group named “Career Plus Dos Don'ts Tips”. Kindly send a message to +91-7893356131 as “add to Career Plus Dos Don'ts Tips" to add you to this group.
Encourage us: Please don’t forget to G+1 and/ Like and/ Share and/ Recommend… thank you and all the best / best of luck for your bright future.
Note: Here image cover is used for reference.
Source: Tips for Campus Placements - Institute of Aeronautical Engineering, Hyderabad.
Our motto: Serve poor and needy whole heartedly – Nareddula Rajeev Reddy (NRR) and his team.
About TCS Company, Team, Roles, Products, Hiring Process, Patterns, Written Test Syllabus, Interview Rounds, Solved Placement Papers PDF
4/ 5Oleh Nareddula Rajeev Reddy NRR