BSNL jobs for Junior Engineer JE Syllabus
1. The standard of paper in Engineering subjects will be that of Engineering Degree Examination of an Indian University.
2. In the general ability test, special attention will be paid to assess the candidates capacity form general awareness. The standard of paper in general ability test will be such as may be expected of an Engineering Graduate.
3. The syllabus for engineering stream papers will be as given below.
SYLLABUS SECTION - I (Telecom)
1. EDC: Materials and components Structure and properties of Electronic Engineering materials, Conductors, Semiconductors and Insulators, Magnetic, Ferroelectric, Piezoelectric, Ceramic, Optical and Superconducting materials. Passive components and characteristics, Resistors, Capacitors and Inductors; Ferrites, Quartz crystal, Ceramic resonators, Electromagnetic and Electromechanical components.
2. Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs Electrons and holes in semiconductors, Carrier Stat istics, Mechanics of current flow in a semi-conductor, Hall effect; Junction theory; Different
types of diodes and their characteristics; Bipolar Junction transistor; Field effect transistors; Power switching devices like SCRs, CTOs, power MOSFETs; Basics of ICs-bipolar, MOS and CMOS types;Basics of Opto Electronics.
3. Network theory Network analysis techniques: Network theorem, trans cient and steady state sinusoidal response, Transmission criteria: delay and rise time Elmoresand other definition, effect of cascading.Elements of network synthesis.
4. Electromagnetic Theory Transmission lines: basic theory, standing waves, matching applications, microstrip lines; Basics of waveguides and resonators; Elements of antenna theory.
5. Electronic Measurements and instrumentation Basic concepts, standards and error analysis; Measurements of basic electrical quantities and parameters; Electronic measuring instruments and th
eir principles of working: analog and digital comparison, characteristics, applications. Transducers; Electronic measurements of non-electrical quantities like temperature, pressure, humidity etc. Basics of telemetry for industrial use.
6. Power Electronics Power Semiconductor devices, Thyristor, Power trans istor, MOSFETs, Characteristics and operation. AC to DC convertors; 1-Phase and 3-phase DC to DC Convertors. AC regulators. Thyristor controlled reactors, switched capacitor networks. Inverters: Single-phase and 3-phase. Pulse width modulation. Sinusoidal modulation with uniform sampling. Switched mode power supplies.
SYLLABUS SECTION - II (Telecom)
1. Analog Electronic Circuits Transistor biasing and stabilization, Small Signal analysis. Power amplifiers. Frequency response, Wide band techniques, Feedback amplifiers. Tuned amplifiers. Oscillators. Rectifiers and power supplies. Operational Amplifier, other linear integrated circuits and applications. Pulse shaping circuits and waveform generators.
2. Digital Electronic Circuits Transistor as a switching element; Boolean algebra,simplification of Boolean functions, Karnaugh Map and applications; IC Logic gates and their characteristics; IC logic families: DTL,TTL, ECL, NMOS, PMOS and CMOS gates and their comparison; Combinational logic circuits; Half adder, full adder; Digital Compartor; Multiplexer Demultiplexer; ROM and their applications. Flip-flops, R-S, J-K, D and T flip-flops; Different types of counters and registers; waveform generators. A/D and D/A convertors. Semiconductor memories.
3. Control Systems Transient and steady state response of control systems; Effect of feedback on stability and sensitivity, Root locus techniques; Frequency response analysis. Concepts of gain and phase margins; Constant-M and Constant-N Nichols Chart; Approximation of transient response from Constant-N Nichols Chart; Approximation of transient response from closed loop frequency response; Design of Control Systems, Compensators;Industrial controllers.
4. Communication systems Basic information theory: Modulation and detectionin analogue and digital systems; Sampling and data reconstruction. Quantization & Coding; Time division and frequency division multiplexing; Equalisation; Optical Communication: in free space & fibre optic; Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency; Satellite communication.
5. Microwave Engineering Microwave Tubes and solid state devices, Microwave generation and amplifiers, Waveguides and other Microwave Components and Circuits, Microstrip circuits, Microwave antennas, Microwave Measurements, MASERS LASERS; Microwave Propogation. Microwave Communication Systems-terrestrial and satellite based.
6. Computer Engineering Number Systems; Data representation; Programming; Elements of a high level programming language PASCAL/C; use of basic data structures; Fundamentals of computer architecture processor design; Control unit design; Memory organ ization. I/O System Organization. Personal computers and their typical uses.
7. Microprocessors Microprocessor architecture - Instruction set and s imple assembly language programming.Interfacing for memory and I/O. Applications of Microprocessors in Telecommunications and power system.
SYLLABUS SECTION - III (Telecom)
General ability test: The candidates comprehension and understanding of General English shall be tested through simple exercises. Questions on knowledge of current events and of such matter of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. Questions will also be included on events and developments in Telecommunications, History of India and Geography. These will be of a nature, which can be answered without special study by an educated person.
Very Important [Don't Miss]For maximum scoring, kindly prefer
Download BSNL Junior Engineer JE General Ability Test Previous PapersDownload the File
Download BSNL Junior Engineer JE Basic Engineering Previous PapersDownload the File
Download BSNL Junior Engineer JE Specialization Previous PapersDownload the File
Download BSNL Jobs Junior Engineer JE Previous Papers
Download BSNL jobs for Junior Engineer JE Syllabus, Previous Solved Papers, E-Books PDF
4/ 5Oleh Nareddula Rajeev Reddy NRR